Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Vitamin D Effect???

Can you believe since I posted that self incriminating entry about shaking My Mom out of bed, we've had almost no bad mornings? Go figure.
I'm wondering if I can credit Vitamin D3...
I started taking the vitamin this winter to fight off the so-called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), or at least being chronically tired and not in the mood to do much of anything. As I researched the benefits, a few articles said the vitamin also helped Alzheimer's and Autism. So... yes, I tried giving 2,000 iu's to My Mom. I figured if anything, a vitamin can't hurt. Ever since she's been remarkably social and much more connected with the world around her.
She'll actually engage you in a conversation. Now, the conversation won't be particularly meaningful, but at least she prompted the chat. That's new. She's just more engaged in everything around her.
I know I can't say for certain this is what's helping, but I at least want everyone to know it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment